Greek Orthodox Stewards of America - February 25, 1999
The Greek Orthodox faithful deserve some answers from our Metropolitans to the following questions:
Why do they allow priests in their dioceses to attack the Ecumenical Patriarch from the pulpit?
- Why do they allow their photographs to be used in literature that is anti-Patriarchate?
- Why haven't they defended the Ecumenical Patriarch against recent attacks?
- Why haven't they taken a firm stand against autocephaly?
- Why haven't they taken a firm stand against parishes withholding funds?
- Why do they encourage attitudes which are anti-Patriarchate?
- Why do they allow their photographs to be used to promote division within the church?
Why? Why? Why? The time has come for each of the Metropolitans, individually, to answer these questions. They owe it to the Greek Orthodox faithful and to His All Holiness Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew.
[ Greek Orthodox Stewards of America
February 25, 1999 ]